Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Idol College - Shoujo Sotsugyou / YOZORA

I'm trying out another new artist today! Actually, I like these short reviews a little better than the long ones. I'd rather share more songs than share more of my own opinion. That's the reason why I started blogging -- to share what I love with other people!

So today I listened to a group called Idol College. Oh how I loathe group names with the word "idol" in them. It's so unoriginal. Apparently the group started out under the name B.L.T. Idol College (now I want a sandwich...), but they switched out all their members and became simply Idol College. Shoujo Sotsugyou / YOZORA is their second single since the group change.

The first track on the single is "Shoujo Sotsugyou". I love this song so much! It's incredibly catchy and fun, and I'm pretty sure you can never go wrong with a little electric guitar. The echo effect when they sing the title words is so cool and infectious! I definitely wouldn't say it's anything to make them stand out above other idol groups, but it's still a very strong single, and the girls are really cute.

There's not much to the video except a few short scenes and an adorable dance shot, but I really recommend watching it if you want a happy, catchy song to listen to.



The second song is YOZORA. Do I have to review this? I have no idea why this is even an A-side. It's such a boring song. It's like there's no climax; the song is always at the same spot, it's almost monotone. It's like a boring anime theme. Actually, now that I think about it, it probably would fit an anime well. But as a regular single, it's just not up to par.

The name of the song means "night sky", so of course we get a rooftop dance shot. It's weird though because it keeps alternating between sunset and pure night. And the dancing is just so awkward. The video also has random drama scenes that I can't seem to understand (I've never been good with drama scenes anyway; I always have to get someone to tell me what's happening).

So in summary, let's just say… this was the first of the two videos that I saw, and it almost made me never want to watch another Idol College video again. I know it's harsh, and like I say with all other songs I dislike, maybe it'll grow on me. But unless it appears in an anime, I'm really not interested.

To be honest, I think I actually would've liked it if it had been a B-side.

No comments:

Post a Comment