Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

T-ara with Davichi (feat. Skull) - Bikini

Gosh darn it, I didn't write anything all July. I've been writing several drafts (got halfway through an entire album review) but I haven't gotten to finish anything.

I really need to stay on top of this so I can stop starting every post with an apology.

SO ANYWAY!  For a while, since January or February, I had pretty much lost all interest in Kpop. I'm starting to get back into it, but it's coming veeerrryyyy slowwwlly. Because, let's face it, the quality of Kpop just isn't what it was in, say, 2011. (That's how I see it anyway.

So to help myself get back into it more quickly, I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a little Kpop review!

...and of course I pick T-ara, one of my least favorite girl groups.

Smart move, Shayna.

Okay, I'll try to be serious for just a few seconds here. The latest digital single by T-ara with Davichi (or Davichi with T-ara if you go by the cover, oddly) is titled "Bikini", and it features Skull. Who is Skull, you ask? I have no idea, I was hoping you would know.

The song is very sweet, relaxing, and summery. While T-ara's vocals are mostly their usual sweet, kinda cutesy voices, Davichi pretty much owns the song with their powerful and simply gorgeous, mature voices. And of course, there's Skull, who has a very raspy voice. It's nice in the fact that it reminds of an island beach, but annoying because it makes my throat hurt just listening to it.

While the song is really nothing spectacular, it's nice. It's also pretty interesting because it sounds nothing like T-ara's previous work. I'm pretty good at naming Kpop bands just by listening, but if someone played this for me I would never have guessed it was T-ara. I can't exactly say why, but something about it is different.

The video is nice as well; I mean, you can't really go wrong with a beach video. It makes me want to go back to the beach again before summer is over. The stars of the video are apparently not T-ara (I honestly didn't even notice, as I know little about the group besides their popular songs), but to me that doesn't matter. Who says only T-ara can have fun? ;)

So, yeah. Honestly this was just a post to get me back into the habit of writing more, but this single didn't really impress me that much. It's nice, but not really worth listening to more than two or three times. And for a T-ara / Davichi collab, it's definitely no "We Were in Love" (awesome song if you haven't heard it).

But it's just a digital single so I can't say I expected too much. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment