Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Fairies "Run With U" music video released



After only releasing one single in 2013, Fairies is back with a new single! I'm sure many Fairies fans besides me hope that they have a much better year in 2014, so let's look at how Fairies is starting the year!

Fairies released the music video for their new song "Run With U" on their YouTube channel today. I'm having mixed feelings about this one. On my first watch, I thought it sounded very rough. For one, Momoka (basically the lead singer of the group) sounds very odd when she sings low. Secondly, the music does not have a very pleasant sound, and in the bridge it slightly overpowers the vocals. Finally, the dance in the chorus was unimpressive compared to the rest of the dance.

However, upon my second listening, as always happens, it began to grow on me. I can appreciate the song for being a fun dance song with a strong melody in the chorus, and Momoka does find one good line near the end of the song. While the song isn't technically the best, I wouldn't mind listening to it every now and then as background music for my day.

Though the music video is little more than a collection of dance shots, the girls show that they have fun with what they do, and I do enjoy the contrast between the vibrant highlighter-colored outfits and the beautiful black-and-white clothes they wear. The over-sized striped jackets aren't really my thing, though.

I wish Fairies had had a much stronger start to their year, and to be honest I haven't been wow-ed by them since "Beat Generation". But still I hold onto hope that I will adore them just as much as I did when they made their debut.

(If you like this song, please support Fairies and pre-order their single from CDJapan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment