Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Jurin - "Hotaru Matsuri no Hi" Single Review

I am on a roll with these single reviews! WOO!

So today we're going to talk about SATOYAMA movement's newest unit, Jurin. This is a duo, similar to Peaberry, consisting of Sato Masaki (10th Gen Morning Musume member) and Miyamoto Karin (Kenshuusei/Juice=Juice member). Both members are very cute and I was hoping for something slow and sweet like Peaberry's music, and I got what I asked for! Yays!

They released their first single, not as a CD single, but a DVD single only. So if you don't have a region-free DVD player or a program to make your computer play it, then tough luck. And that is exactly why I haven't bought this. :(

So their first (DVD) single is called "Hotaru Matsuri no Hi", and it was released on September 4, 2013. The tracklist includes a music video for the song, a bonus version ("under the trees"), a karaoke version, and a making of video. Because I don't own this single, and I really don't care about the bonus features, I'll just be going over the song and music video.

This song is absolutely beautiful. I was barely able to keep from crying when I first heard it. The lyrics, which are subbed on the video for your convenience (and sometimes annoyance), are really sweet and I like how they refer to a specific event in a way that makes you feel like you were there. The music is very simple and kind of country, which fits so well with the emotions of the song.

Masaki and Karin's voices are very pretty, but I don't think they blend very well together. But in a way, the kind of whiny, childish vocals in the chorus add to the sweetness and innocence of the song; so I kind of like it. Of course, they sound their best when they're singing solo. Masaki's voice is super sweet and cute and I just love it! Karin, in my opinion, rules the song, though, and this kind of music fits her voice so well. Also they have a couple of harmonies in there which are really pretty, and even though I'm not a Karin fan I really think she sounds incredible.

I love the SATOYAMA music videos because they are all set outdoors, and even though Japan might be more well known for their cities, I must say that they have some beautiful nature out there. The whole setting is just so sweet, and it makes me want to go camping in Japan someday. There are also some scenes with CG fireflies, which obviously don't actually look like fireflies; but it's still pretty.

I really want this single and I really recommend buying it if you can play it. It's sweet, it's soft, it reminds me of the country where I live. Everything about it is really great.

As always, tell me what you think in the comments! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment