Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

EunB, RiSe, and Simone Battle

This past week was a dark time for girl group fans. All in one week, we lost three singers: EunB and RiSe (from Ladies' Code), and Simone Battle (from G.R.L.).

Ladies' Code was in a car accident on Wednesday, September 3. EunB died on site, and RiSe passed away at the hospital from her injuries today (Sunday, September 7).

Simone Battle was found dead in her home on Friday, September 5. Her cause of death is still being investigated.

I don't really follow either group that much, but I had obviously known of them and heard their songs before. I even watched G.R.L. perform on TV a few weeks ago so now that Simone is gone... it doesn't seem real. All three deaths happening in just once was truly heartbreaking for me, and today I just cried. Even though I don't know any of these girls personally, I know that they were surrounded by people who loved them, and my heart breaks for those people.

Simone was 25. RiSe was 23. EunB was just 21. But even thought their time on earth was short, I believe they fulfilled their dreams... and that gives me a bit of peace. Everyone dies at some point, but what matters is how you live.

That's why we should never give up living, never put things off until later... because it could happen to anyone at any time.

I only wish there was something more I could say... but I have nothing, so I pray for their families and friends. Even then I don't really know the words to pray... but I pray anyway.

Everyone, please pray.

R.I.P.
Go Eunbi (November 23, 1992 – September 3, 2014)
Simone Sherise Battle (June 17, 1989 – September 5, 2014)
Kwon Rise (August 16, 1991 – September 7, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment