Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Kelsey Sowards leaves 1 Girl Nation



Two days ago, it was announced that Kelsey Sowards has left 1 Girl Nation, a Christian pop girl group. On April 30, 1 Girl Nation posted the following message on their Facebook page:

Change is constant in our lives, but often times isn’t something planned or expected. Jeremiah 29:11 reminds us, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” It’s with this hope, that we share with you a change in 1 Girl Nation. As many of you know, Kelsey is getting married this June and she has decided to step away from the road and leave the group. We are all excited for Kelsey as she starts her new life with Caleb and wish her all the best moving ahead. We are equally as excited to announce that 1 Girl Nation will continue as a four member group with Lauryn Taylor, Carmen, Lindsey, and Kayli!
Kelsey joined 1 Girl Nation back in 2012 when the group was formed. She was part of their self-titled debut album, released in 2013, and went on tour with the rest of the girls. On November 5, 2013, she became engaged to Caleb Grimm, member of the band Anthem Lights (formerly under the same label as 1GN).



Kelsey announced on her Facebook page that same day that her singing would not end here, but she would just have a new medium to share her musical talents:

#Team1GN, 
Kelsey here. Just wanted to let you know that I have made a decision to part ways with 1 Girl Nation. I had an absolutely wonderful 2 full years as a member and God did some incredible things in and through us over that time. As most of you know, I am getting married to Caleb Grimm in a just a couple months (Yay!) and am excited about the next chapter of our lives. I have now established my own voice studio here in Nashville and am teaching full time. I am passionate about teaching, instructing and coaching voice, so it's my desire to help others find THEIR passion for singing and using their gifts for Jesus too! However, my own passion for singing still remains, It will just look differently now. Please know how much I love you, each one and appreciate your support and encouragement! You all mean the WORLD to me. And remember, as the song says, you are treasured, perfect and beautiful in the eyes of the One who created YOU. 
All my love, Kelsey Taylor Sowards
It's always sad to see someone leave a group, but it's much more encouraging too see that they are still continuing their career in a different form. I'm also glad that 1 Girl Nation is continuing, and that they're not trying to find someone to replace Kelsey. I look forward to their next album.



Congratulations on getting married, Kelsey! I pray that you continue to live a blessed life.

1 comment:

  1. Love ya Kelsey! Your an amazing singer!

    ReplyDelete